So, if you’re a writer… have you registered a domain name yet? Do so with caution.
My brother in law sent me a list of hilarious domain names of real companies that didn’t pay too much attention when they did their registering….
They’re all real sites. Crazy.
- First, a site called ‘Who Represents’ where you can find the name of the agent that represents a celebrity… www.whorepresents.com I think I’ll bookmark this one…
- Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at http://www.expertsexchange.com/ What kind of advice is available? Careful if you click to this link… It tried to change my homepage when I did.
- Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at http://www.penisland.net/
- Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at http://www.therapistfinder.com/ Ooops.
- Or, an Italian Power Generator company… http://www.powergenitalia.com/ Might work if you’re writing erotica for the paranormal market? Hero with really special superpowers?
- One of my personal favourites: Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New SouthWales: http://www.molestationnursery.com/ Who wouldn’t trust their children to this nursery? Okay, it’s not that kind of nursery. Funny anyway.
- If you’re looking for computer software, there’s alwayshttp://www.ipanywhere.com/ Ok. This one’s pretty juvenile and I have a feeling this company knew exactly what they were doing… I mean, the correct way to pronounce it (ip anywhere) and the “funny” way (I pee anywhere) are both the same.
- But this one’s pretty good. The First Cumming Methodist Church. Their website is http://www.cummingfirst.com/ Another possible erotica website name?
- And an art direction site… another one where I wonder if they didn’t see what they’d done… http://www.speedofart.com/ There’s nothing worse than a speedo fart.
- Finally, a tourist site for Lake Tahoe http://www.gotahoe.com/ Of course hoe spelled that way is actually a gardening tool… But kinda funny anyway.
Okay, writers are unlikely to get into traps like these. But I have heard stories about writers choosing a pen name and then finding out that they share their new name with a porno star or mass murderer…
Guess it makes sense to look at things from more than one angle, eh!